7675 Folsom Drive, Suite 300B, Beaumont, TX 77706 409.833.0342 email@example.com Hours: Mon 8-5, Tues 10-7, Wed 8-5, Thurs 8-5, Fri 8-12
Botox is a purified protein injections that can dramatically improve and often eliminate horizontal forehead creases, scowl lines between your eyebrows and crow’s feet. This protein blocks impulses to the nerves of facial muscles, causing them to relax. This muscle relaxation allows the skin to smooth out those persistent lines that developed over time. A treatment procedure usually lasts about 10 to 15 minutes and keeps the muscles that cause lines relaxed for up to 4 months.
The guidelines to follow post treatment have been followed for years, and are still employed today to prevent the possible side effect of ptosis (drooping eyelid). These measures should minimize the possibility almost 98%.
- No straining, heavy lifting, vigorous exercise for 2-3 hours following treatment. It is now known that it takes the toxin approximately 2 hours to bind itself to the nerve to start its work, and because we do not want to increase circulation to that area to wash away the medication from where it was injected.
- Avoid manipulation (rubbing) of area for 4 hours following treatment. This includes not doing a facial, peel, or microdermabrasion after treatment. A facial, peel, or microdermabrasion can be done in same appointment only if they are done before the injection.
- Facial Exercises in the injected areas is recommended for 1-hour following treatment, to stimulate the binding of the toxin only to this localized area.
- Do not lie down flat for 4 hours following the procedure, which can cause the medication to move to unwanted areas of the face.
- It can take 2-14 days to take full effect. It is recommended that patient contact the office 2 weeks after treatment if desired effect was not achieved.
- Makeup can be applied before leaving the office. Retin-A, Glycolic acid, Vitamin C, and your regular skincare regimen can be used, but avoiding the treated areas for 24 hours.
botox injections, Skinologie Medical Spa botox injections in Beaumont, xeomin injections
During the procedure, you’ll be seated in a reclining chair. Local anesthesia is optional, although a cold pack is usually sufficient to numb the treatment area. Your practitioner will determine where to administer the injections by examining your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. Generally, people feel minor discomfort at most as the Botox is injected into multiple locations using a tiny needle. Afterwards, no recovery time is needed. You should notice results within 4 days.
Forehead wrinkles • Crow's feet • Frown or scowl lines • Gummy smiles • Underarm sweating (hyperhidrosis)
It is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference between a fair and great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize that this is not always possible. However, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
- Avoid Alcoholic drinks at least 24 hr before treatment (Alcohol may thin the blood increasing risk of bruising.
- To decrease chance of bruising, avoid treatment the three days prior to and actual days of menstruation.
- On the day of treatment avoid vigorous exercise prior to treatment.
- Avoid Anti-inflammatory / Blood Thinning medications ideally, for a period of two (2) weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as Aspirin, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, and other NSAIDS are all blood thinning and can increase the risk of bruising/swelling.
- Schedule Xeomin/Botox/Dysport appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which may be occurring, i.e., wedding, vacation, etc. It is not desirable to have a very special event occurring and be bruised from an injection which could have been avoided.
Call now to book: 409-833-0342