7675 Folsom Drive, Suite 300B, Beaumont, TX 77706 409.833.0342 firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon 8-5, Tues 10-7, Wed 8-5, Thurs 8-5, Fri 8-12
To maximize dermaplaning recovery time and results, it is important to follow all post-procedure instruction below:
- Wash your face with a gentle, acid-free cleanser, tepid water and avoid topical products that contain alpha or beta hydroxyl acids, retinols or Retin A for approximately 72 hours or longer. If irritation occurs after applying the above products, wait a few more days to allow your skin to heal. Under no circumstances should you use a product that abrates the skin within the 72-hour period (no scrubs), nor should you submerge the treated area in chlorinated pool or hot tub for the next 3 to 5 days.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 or greater, reapply often, wear a wide-brimmed hat, and seek shade when possible. Be careful of sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily for 2 weeks.
- Avoid excessive heat 3 days post treatment, i.e. heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc.
- Avoid chlorine for 24 hours
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days
- Avoid dermal fillers and Botox/Xeomin for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Do not pick, scratch or aggressively rub the treated area.
- No scrubs, polishers or aggressive brushes should be used for 7 days.
- Do apply serums as absorption levels with be elevated.
- You may experience slight peeling for the first few days. Slight windburn sensation and/or blotchiness are normal for the first few days. Skincare products may tingle or slightly burn for the first 2 days.
- Makeup may be worn as song as the skin is not broken.
Call now to book: 409-833-0342
Fine lines and wrinkles • Some acne scars • Removal of fine facial hair (peach fuzz) • Fine lines & wrinkles • Uneven & rough skin • Dull skin
dermaplaning Beaumont, skin exfoliation, Skinologie Medical Spa
Your practitioner will begin by cleansing your face and removing any cosmetics. Using a scalpel and a delicate touch, the provider then simply abrades the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes. The procedure takes 45 minutes to an hour. Clients will notice an improvement after a single treatment. Expect to have a “youthful glow” immediately.
Dermaplaning, also known as microplaning or blading, is a non-invasive procedure for the removal of the outermost layers of dead skin cells on the face. The dermaplaning treatment involves exfoliation of targeted areas of the surface layers of the skin using a very small blade. The blade is stroked along the skin at an angle, much like shaving. Unlike exfoliating peel procedures, dermaplaning uses no chemicals, and therefore causes less irritation. The result is skin that is immediately freshened and vitalized, even after one treatment. Dermaplaning can be an alternative to chemical peels or microdermabrasion, and may be ideal for patients with extremely sensitive skin, unwanted facial hair, rosacea, or visible facial veins.
A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
- Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment
- You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or used Accutane
- Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as filler injections, should wait two weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion. Please wait one week after Botox injections to have a microdermabrasion.
- Prospective patients should also refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for a few days prior to microdermabrasion treatment.
- Wash your face and neck with a non-oily, non-soap based cleanser before each scheduled treatment.
- Patient must not have an active cold sore. If you are prone to cold sores, please let us know so we can discuss the option of prescription prophylactic treatment.