- Avoid sun exposure 48 hours prior to your treatment to avoid dilation of the blood vessels.
- Drink plenty of water the day before, the day of and the day after the treatment. Dehydrated follicles are more difficult to treat. Hydration will also help your skin heal more quickly.
- Many clients find that taking their favorite pain reliever 30 minutes prior to their appointment makes their treatment more comfortable.
- Do not use Retin A, Tazorac or any serious retinoid for at least 1 week prior to your electrolysis treatment. Discontinue Accutane for at least 6 months prior to electrolysis.
- Shaving five to seven days before a treatment appointment, tweezing and other temporary hair removal treatments around two to three weeks before an appointment are both okay (some people may be able to shorten these times). Once electrolysis treatments have begun however other treatments should be discontinued. If for some reason you find you have to use a temporary treatment this should be discussed with your therapist first.
- No deodorants, creams or lotions should be used on the treatment areas on the day of the appointment.
For the first two days following an appointment we recommend the following:
- Following treatment your skin follicles will be open and the skin sensitive with the potential for bacteria to enter. We will recommend an aftercare product which can be applied 3 times daily to the treated area with a fresh cotton bud for each application, continue this for 3 days. This will promote skin healing and prevent infection.
- Do not use any temporary hair removal methods for one to two days.
- To achieve the best results from your treatments keep up with appointments.
- If you do find small scabs or ‘brown tops’ do not pick them off as they are part of the healing process – if you do pick them you may cause scar tissue.
- For the next 1 to 2 days ensure the treated areas are clean and minimise heat or friction on the area.
- To avoid any cross infection the area should not be touched with fingers for a minimum of 48 hours. For the same reason do not use public pools, saunas or take hot showers or spas.
- Do not sunbathe or use sunbeds or tanning processes for two days as these will affect sensitivity of the skin.
- Exercise such as gym work and sport should not be undertaken for one to two days.
- Do not apply any products such as lotions, deodorants, powders, body sprays etc. to the treated areas for 24 hours, unless they have been recommended by your treatment provider, as they are likely to cause irritation.
- Small bumps, soreness and redness are all temporary reactions to the treatment and are perfectly normal especially after an initial appointment. These reactions should disappear over the following one to two days but if they do not please contact your therapist for advice.
Call now to book: 512-379-7272
Hair Electrolysis stands alone as the only permanent hair removal procedure. No other hair-removal solution can claim the universal acceptability and success offered by electrolysis treatments. This treatment safely and permanently removes all types of hair from all skin tones by permanently destroying the growth cells of the hair follicle. Treatment can be applied to most facial and body parts including eyebrows, chin, upper and lower lip, jaw line, sides of the face, breasts, underarms, abdomen, bikini line, fingers and toes, legs and back.
During the procedure, our highly trained staff inserts a very fine needle (usually thinner than the hair being treated) into the natural opening of the hair follicle alongside the hair shaft. A tiny amount of electrical current is then applied to destroy the hair growth cells. Most patients feel a momentary heat sensation or pinch. Discomfort is minimal, but individual tolerances vary greatly. Many people read, listen to music or even take a nap while being treated. Skinologie employs the Blend method, which is the most effective, combining galvanic current with thermolysis current. Patients will need multiple treatments due to varying hair growth cycles as not all hair follicules can be treated on any given day.
laser hair removal Cedar Park, hair reduction, Skinologie Cedar Park
Unwanted body hair anywhere on your body
laser hair removal
Content copyright Skinologie Medical Spa 2016
1201 N Lakeline Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 512.379.7272 email@example.com Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 7 pm