prp+acell hair restoration
hair restoration Cedar Park, PRP ACell Hair Restoration, regrow hair, cure for thinning hair
Call now to book: 512-379-7272
The application of ACell + PRP causes miniaturized hair follicles to become healthier and larger, producing more robust hair growth. ACell activates follicular progenitor cells (adult stem cells) and PRP is loaded with growth factors that promote rapid angiogenesis and localized cell growth.
Content copyright Skinologie Medical Spa 2016
before A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
- Avoid aspirin (or any medications that thin the blood like Advil, Motrin, St. Johns Wort, vitamin E...) for two weeks before the procedure to minimize bruising.
- Have something to eat and drink before coming in for the session; drink lots of fluids before coming to office as well so that you are well hydrated for a good blood draw.
Results begin to develop in conjunction with the typical hair growth cycle, about 6 to 8 months after the injection procedure. Hair will feel and appear thicker and more dense depending upon the area treated, with results in the hair line typically being more noticeable to patients.
A series of ACell + PRP procedures may be recommended to optimize hair growth, depending on your expectations for results, the nature of your hair loss progression, and your overall response to the treatment. Significant improvement can be seen with just a single treatment.
- Keep wound clean and dry for 12-24 hours but you may shower at any time.
- Ice is your friend. Please apply ice to the injection site for about 20 minutes every 2-3 hours the first 24-48 hours for swelling as needed.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for a minimum of 6 hours after the procedure
- Avoid touching or scrubbing at the injection sites for 24 hours after treatment.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated and avoid rubbing the treated area for 2 weeks.
- Avoid direct high heat (blow dryer, sun exposure, sauna, steam room, very hot shower, hot yoga, strenuous exercise, etc.) for 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not use any medication containing ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, or other prescription anti-inflammatory medicines for 7 days after the procedure. You may use Tylenol or Ultram (tramadol) for pain as needed.
- Do not expose the treated area to direct sunlight for 7 days after the procedure.
- Do not exercise for up to 4 days after the procedure.
- Wear sun screen after the procedure, if you are going to be outdoors (even when driving) for more than 10 minutes.
PRP, or Platelet Rich Plasma, is a concentration derived from your own blood. It has lots of good growth factors that stimulate miniaturizing hair follicles when injected into the scalp.
A new solution to treat hair loss, ACell + PRP Injection Therapy works to preserve and thicken hair in patients who are genetically predisposed to hair loss. As a non-surgical solution, the ACell + PRP injection procedure is a short two-hour visit with limited down time. Unlike prescription medications or topical applications that must be used as part of an ongoing daily routine, ACell + PRP Therapy does not require daily maintenance. Patients who are good candidates for ACell + PRP Injection Therapy indicate they are not interested in surgery, want to prevent more hair loss, and are currently experiencing a lot of miniaturized hair.
ACell’s MatriStem technology (an FDA approved medical device) works at the cellular level to repair and remodel damaged tissues. ACell has a broad range of uses in surgical procedures, and is a naturally occurring matrix of proteins found in tissue layers. When ACell is placed into a surgical site or wound, it is resorbed, stimulating adult stem cells in the damaged tissues. This process will regenerate dormant follicular tissues, thereby producing improved quality in hair growth.
The therapy begins by first drawing the patient’s blood into a specially prepared test tube. The tube is then spun twice in a special centrifuge. This concentrates and separates the platelet-rich plasma from the rest of the blood. After numbing the area being treated, the PRP is mixed with ACell and then injected into the scalp using very small needles similar to those used in Botox injections. Then, the remaining platelet-poor plasma is placed on the head and infused into the skin using PCIT (microneedling). The process takes about two hours and recovery is quick, with a sore scalp lasting about 48 hours. Results begin to develop in conjunction with the typical hair growth cycle, about 6 to 8 months after the procedure. Hair will appear and feel thicker and more dense, with results in the hair line typically being more noticeable to patients.
Male pattern hair loss • Female patter hair thinning • Alopecia Areata or Totalis • Medication induced hair loss
1201 N Lakeline Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 512.379.7272 firstname.lastname@example.org Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 7 pm