laser hair removal Cedar Park, hair reduction, Skinologie Cedar Park
laser hair removal
Call now to book: 512-379-7272
Kiss your razor goodbye. Toss your tweezers. Lose the wax. Forget about painful nicks and cuts, unsightly stubble and uncomfortable ingrown hair. With laser hair removal from Skinologie, every inch of your skin will be as smooth as you want it to be, without pain, hassle or mess. Skinologie uses an advanced Diode laser in combination with an IPL hair removal system, which both feature actively-cooled treatment heads that help to soothe and protect the skin's upper layer, while the laser disables active hair follicles.
The hair will still be present immediately following a treatment. It can take approximately 2 weeks for the hair to shed. Patients can shave in between treatments. Do not wax or tweeze treated areas during course of treatment.
- It is normal for the area treated to have redness and swelling. An ice pack can be applied on the area to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- A non-exfoliant cleaner can be used the day of treatment. If blistering occurs, a topical antibiotic cream (Polysporin) can be applied twice daily without a bandage. If needed, a non-stick bandage can be used.
- All skin irritants (glycolic/ salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products, vitamin C, or Nair) can be resumed 3 days post treatment.
- If a scab develops do not scratch or pick the area. They will fall off on their own
- You may shower after the laser treatments. The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry and NOT rubbed. Underarm areas, that have been treated, should be wiped with alcohol for 24 hours. You may apply deodorant after 24 hours.
- If skin irritation develops, avoid hot tubs, saunas, exercise, massage, and tight clothing until it subsides.
- An SPF 30 or higher with zinc oxide MUST be worn daily during the course of treatment to the area being treated.
- Sunless tanning can be resumed anytime after treatment, however, it must be avoided TWO weeks prior to next treatment.
During the procedure, a hand-held Diode or IPL laser is pressed against the skin and with the help of an automatic switch it is activate just for a fraction of a second. The laser light emitted traverses the skin's surface to reach and destroy the hair follicle structure, which is very sensitive to laser energy. Hairs are stunned and shed out after some time. Most patients report no more discomfort than a quick pinching sensation, similar to being snapped with a rubber band. Because of the natural growth cycles of hair follicles, five treatments spaced five to thirteen weeks apart are generally required for a completely successful course of laser hair reduction treatment.
Do not do laser hair reduction if: you are pregnant or nursing, have an active cold sore/fever blister, are tan at the time of treatment or are currently using Accutane.
IDEAL TREATMENT PLAN
4 Weeks before treatment:
- Stop tweezing, waxing, and/or electrolysis to the area being treated. Shaving can be used.
- Stop tanning (outside and tanning beds), as this will increase chances of adverse effects such as hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, blisters and scars. Tanned skin will also decrease the efficacy of the laser treatment. We will not treat tanned skin.
2 Weeks before treatment:
- Stop self tanners.
- Certain antibiotics, such as Tetracycline or Doxycycline, can make a patient photosensitive. Please advise the staff if you are taking any antibiotics. Treatments can usually be performed 2 weeks AFTER completion of an antibiotic.
1 Week before treatment:
- All skin irritants must be stopped (glycolic/ salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products such as Retin-A, Tazorac, Differin, Triluma, vitamin C or Nair) on the area being treated.
Day Before Treatment
- Please let the staff know if you have a history of cold sores/fever blisters PRIOR to treatment, so an antiviral medication can be prescribed. Treatment can not be done if you have an active cold sore or skin infection and will be rescheduled.
- Shave the area that is going to be treated.
Day of Treatment:
- Do not wear any make-up, lotion, perfume, or deodorant on the area being treated.
- Patients can take Tylenol (acetaminophen) prior to their treatment to reduce discomfort of the treatment (it feels like a rubber-band snapping on the skin)
- Taking aspirin or high dosages of ibuprofen is prohibited due to their blood thinning effect resulting in swelling, bruising, and redness.
Unwanted body hair anywhere on your body
Content copyright Skinologie Medical Spa 2016
1201 N Lakeline Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 512.379.7272 firstname.lastname@example.org Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 7 pm