microneedling Beaumont, pcit therapy, scar correction Beaumont, Skinologie, skin resurfacing
Finger and toe nail fungal infections and discoloration
- Keep treated hands and/or feet clean, dry and nails trimmed and filed as fungal infected nails grow.
- For feet infections wear cotton, moisture-wicking socks or flip-flops/sandals and avoid walking on bare feet if possible.
- If prescribed, use topical and/or oral antifungal medicines consistently and as directed.
- Discontinue visits to nail salons during treatment.
- Nail polish can be reapplied immediately after treatment.
- As fungus is present everywhere in the environment, this is always a chance of re-infection. Preventative measures include keeping nails trimmed short, wearing shoes that properly fit and never touch toenails, choose breathable footwear, use antifungal sprays and powers, avoid going barefoot in public facilities, never wear someone else’s shoes or share nail clipper and files
7675 Folsom Drive, Suite 300B, Beaumont, TX 77706 409.833.0342 firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon 8-5, Tues 10-7, Wed 8-5, Thurs 8-5, Fri 8-12
laser nail fungus removal
Each safe and painless treatment takes less than 30 minutes and involves no recovery time. During the procedure, the laser technician begins by washing your nails and prepping them with alcohol. The technician will then do one pass over each nail and surrounding tissue with the two different lasers to treat the infected hand or foot. Patients will feel heat, pressure and an occasional prick, but no significant pain. Patients will need to come in for three treatments spaced a month apart. More serious infections may require a second series of treatments 6 months later or require the addition of an oral or topical anti-fungal medication.
Nail fungus can be one of the most frustrating conditions to cure, with topical and oral medications alone having mixed and frustrating results. Skinologie wants to get you back in those open-toed shoes and feeling confident in the summertime with our new Rohrer Spectrum laser platform. Using two different laser modalities, Skinologie employs a one-two punch method to kill the fungus and promote new nail growth. Once the living fungus is zapped by the laser, healthy nails begin to grow from the cuticle of the nail. As the nail grows slowly, it can take approximately 6-12 months for the new nail to replace the old infected nail.
A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
- All nails need to be trimmed and filed short by patient prior to the appointment.
- Nail polish needs to be removed from treatment area and dirt/debris cleaned from under nails.
- Patients with neuropathy, open wounds on feet and compromised circulation in lower extremities may not be candidates for this treatment and should discuss with their medical provider beforehand.
Call now to book: 409-833-0342