Blemished skin • Acne scars • Skin discoloration • Fine lines and wrinkles • Sun damage • Pot marks or uneven skin surface • Thin skin • Enlarged pores • Stretch marks and scars
Call now to book: 409-833-0342
Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing is the treatment of choice for those who would like to achieve dramatic improvement in the appearance of their skin. Erbium laser skin resurfacing is designed to remove surface-level and moderately deep lines and wrinkles on the face, hands, neck, or chest. It is a global treatment, providing improvement on a wide range of skin imperfections including skin texture, tone, discoloration and acne scarring. One of the benefits of Erbium laser resurfacing is minimal side effects, such as swelling, bruising, and redness, so your recovery time is faster than other laser resurfacing technologies without compromising the outcome.
During the procedure, the practitioner uses a topical anesthetic to numb the treatment area. Once numb, your laser technician will apply the laser, with a hand-piece that glides across your skin. The treatment could take 15–90 minutes, depending on the size of the area you’re treating. Afterwards, expect your skin to be a bit red and swollen. Use ibuprofen, moisturizing cream, and ice packs if needed. Multiple treatments may be required to receive the best results.
7675 Folsom Drive, Suite 300B, Beaumont, TX 77706 409.833.0342 firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon 8-5, Tues 10-7, Wed 8-5, Thurs 8-5, Fri 8-12
Preparing the skin for this procedure will ensure optimum results. Healthy skin will respond better and results will last longer. In the days leading up to the procedure, use moisturizers and sunscreen liberally.
- Discuss and disclose any healing disorders such as caused by diabetes mellitus, connective tissue disease or radiation/ chemotherapy with you esthetician.
- Discuss and disclose if there is an active infection or history of herpes simplex of the lips, mouth or face.
- Discuss and disclose allergies to topical anesthetics, antibiotics, or other medications.
- Do not proceed with the treatment if Isotretinoin (Accutane) has been used within the past 12 months.
- Discuss the history of any hypertrophic scarring or keloid formations or other skin diseases.
- Disclose any new medications you may begin using during your treatment program.
- Treatments cannot be performed on areas with a suntan or sunburn. - Avoid direct exposure to the sun, tanning beds 4 weeks prior to treatment. A broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher should be applied to any treatment area exposed to the sun.
microneedling Beaumont, pcit therapy, scar correction Beaumont, Skinologie, skin resurfacing
erbium laser skin resurfacing
Erythema (redness) will be present in the treatment area and can last from a few hours up to a few days. Immediately following the procedure, patients will experience a mild sunburn sensation that may include some mild discomfort. Most patients do not feel any significant discomfort, however, an ice pack (not direct ice) maybe applied to help soothe areas with discomfort.
- A cooling lotion or soothing gel may be used after Erbium treatments.
- A few days post procedure, patients will experience mild peeling of the skin. The peeling is similar to the effects of sunburn.
- Do not pick at the peeling skin, as it may lead to scarring.
- Clean the treated area daily with a mild cleanser. Apply a thin layer of mild moisturizer to the area several times a day until evidence of dryness, blistering or swelling has dissipated.
- Shower as usual but be aware that the treated area may be a little temperature sensitive.
- Avoid chlorine, hot tubs and swimming pools during treatment.
- Avoid direct contact in the sun, using sun protection of at least SPF 30.
- Avoid exfoliants, loofah sponges and aggressive scrubbing.
- Do not rub, scratch or pick at the treated area. Treat the area gently. Pat skin dry after bathing or showering.
- An antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin may be applied. Neosporin and Polysporin are not recommended.
- Makeup may be applied over the treated area 24 hours after the treatment
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 48-hours after the procedure.
- Please call our office with any post treatment concerns.