Acne and blackheads • Some acne scars • Age spots • Fine lines & wrinkles • Sun damaged skin • Uneven & rough skin • Oily & enlarged pores • Dull skin
To maximize microdermabrasion recovery time and results, it is important to follow all post-procedure instruction below:
- Do not wet the skin for four hours after the procedure.
- Keep the new skin clean and moisturized
- Use a gentle cleanser.
- Trauma such as scratching or picking the treated area should be avoided.
- It is important to avoid irritatig the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for one week.
- Although some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
- Avoid staying in the sun for at least 7 days after the microdermabrasio treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin which slows down the recovery.
- Patients who absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Do not use glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzyl peroxide or topical acne medicatios for 24-48 hours following treatment.
- You may resume prescription retinoid products (Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin, Avita, Alustra or other brands of Tretinoin and other prescription retinoid products (Adapalene, Avage, Differin, Tazorac, Tazarotene) 3 - 7 days after last microdermabrasion treatment or as instructed by your technician.
Your practitioner will begin by cleansing your face and removing any cosmetics. A gentle heat is applied to the face to open the patient’s pores. Then a handheld wand tipped with diamond microparticles is used to gently scrape the superficial skin cells off the face. A small vacuum in the wand removes the dead skin cells. The entire procedure takes less than 30 minutes. Clients will notice an improvement after a single treatment. Expect to have a “youthful glow” immediately.
1201 N Lakeline Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 512.379.7272 firstname.lastname@example.org Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 7 pm
A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
- Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment
- You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or used Accutane
- Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as filler injections, should wait two weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion. Please wait one week after Botox injections to have a microdermabrasion.
- Prospective patients should also refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for a few days prior to microdermabrasion treatment.
- Wash your face and neck with a non-oily, non-soap based cleanser before each scheduled treatment.
Content copyright Skinologie Medical Spa 2016
Diamond-peel microdermabrasions restore your face's youthfulness and resilience in less than an hour by mechanically removing fine layers of skin, including grime and dead cells that thrive on the skins top layer. This stimulates the growth of new cells on your face. Known as the “lunch-time peel,” the process is virtually pain-free and gives you a glowing complexion immediately after treatment. Unlike chemical peels that irritate the skin and are not suitable for every skin type, this procedure works on all skin and requires no down time. The Diamond Peel system is the newest technology in microdermabrasions.
microdermabrasion Cedar Park, diamond peel microderm, skin exfoliation, Skinologie medical spa
Call now to book: 512-379-7272