Within a few weeks of treatment, an overall improvement in skin hydration, texture and tone can be seen. New collagen and blood vessels begin to grow after three to six weeks, and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles and volume correction happens over the next three to six months. While it creates a longer-lasting effect in the skin, it does take time to work. For individuals looking for an immediate effect, PRP can be combined with hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm, for quick volume correction. Fillers provide a matrix for building new collagen and can be used to accelerate and sustain the benefits of PRP.
- Keep wound clean and dry for 12-24 hours but you may shower at any time.
- Ice is your friend. Please apply ice to the injection site for about 20 minutes every 2-3 hours the first 24-48 hours for swelling as needed.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for a minimum of 6 hours after the procedure
- Avoid touching or scrubbing at the injection sites for 24 hours after treatment.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated and avoid rubbing the treated area for 2 weeks.
- Avoid direct high heat (blow dryer, sun exposure, sauna, steam room, very hot shower, hot yoga, strenuous exercise, etc.) for 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not use any medication containing ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, or other prescription anti-inflammatory medicines for 7 days after the procedure. You may use Tylenol or Ultram (tramadol) for pain as needed.
- Do not expose the treated area to direct sunlight for 7 days after the procedure.
- Do not exercise for up to 4 days after the procedure.
- Wear sun screen after the procedure, if you are going to be outdoors (even when driving) for more than 10 minutes.
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is an extract of your own blood that contains three to five times more platelets, growth factors and active proteins for tissue and injury healing. It has been used medically for years to accelerate wound healing; repair tendons, ligaments and joint damage; heal wounds and skin grafts; and help regrow muscle and bone. When PRP is placed back into the skin by injection, it initiates a localized stem cell response. Over the weeks and months following treatment, this stem cell response recruits collagen-producing cells called fibroblasts. The fibroblasts replace tissue that has been damaged or lost through the aging process with healthier collagen that results in skin that looks refreshed and rejuvenated.
prp plasma facelift, vampire facelift, nonsurgical facelift
Content copyright Skinologie Medical Spa 2016
Call now to book: 512-379-7272
before A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
- Avoid aspirin (or any medications that thin the blood like Advil, Motrin, St. Johns Wort, vitamin E...) for two weeks before the procedure to minimize bruising.
- Have something to eat and drink before coming in for the session; drink lots of fluids before coming to office as well so that you are well hydrated for a good blood draw.
1201 N Lakeline Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 512.379.7272 email@example.com Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 7 pm
Fine lines, wrinkles • Collagen/volume loss • Acne scarring • Sagging/loose skin • Crow's feet • Dark circles • Lip and frown lines • Hair loss • Loss of youthful, healthy skin tone and texture
The therapy begins by first drawing the patient’s blood into a specially prepared test tube. The tube is then spun twice in a special centrifuge. This concentrates and separates the platelet-rich plasma from the rest of the blood. After numbing the area being treated, the PRP is injected into the problem areas using very small needles similar to those used in Botox injections. Then, the remaining platelet-poor plasma is placed on the face and infused into the skin using PCIT (microneedling).
You can embrace the aging process gracefully and still have a healthy and youthful-looking appearance by harnessing the power of your own natural fountain of youth. You have the natural ability to regenerate tissue in all areas of your body. Stem cells do this for you every day of your life and slows down as you age. Cosmetic Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Facial Rejuvenation is a leading-edge procedure that harnesses the healing power of platelets and growth factors from your blood to stimulate a stem cell response. These stem cells help you to grow new collagen and blood vessels, repair and regenerate damaged skin, and help slow and reverse the signs of aging.
prp plasma facelift