sclerotherapy vein removal
sclerotherapy Cedar Park, spider vein treatment, varicose vein
During the procedure, the medical provider injects a solution through a very fine needle directly into the vein. Patients describe the injections as feeling like a pinprick or mosquito bite. At this point, you may experience mild discomfort and cramping for one to two minutes, especially when larger veins are injected. The procedure itself typically involves 40-45 injections to collapse the problem veins in one area. The number of veins injected in one session varies, and depends on the size and location of the veins, as well as the general medical condition of the patient. Following injections, the leg is wrapped with compression stocking to help keep the vein closed. The veins treated will close and blood from the faulty veins will be rerouted to a healthy vein. If you have a lot of veins of varying sizes and locations, you will require multiple treatment sessions. A consultation is advised before treatment as there are multiple factors that may be causing the problem veins. In some cases, additional testing or referral may be ordered by the medical provider to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment of the problem areas.
A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
- You should bring a pair of loose fitting shorts/pants with you to each visit.
- You will be measured for compression stockings before or on the day of your appointment. Once you receive your compression stockings, bring them with you to each visit.
- Do not wear any lotions or other cosmetics on your legs on the day of your appointment.
- Do not shave your legs the morning of your appointment.
Call now to book: 512-379-7272
Content copyright Skinologie Medical Spa 2016
Sclerotherapy is a popular treatment for spider, reticular and varicose veins on the legs. During treatment, a mild chemical solution is injected into the vein or capillary. The sclerosing agent irritates the walls of the vessel, causing it to collapse. The body then reabsorbs the vein and blood is re-routed to a healthy vein, restoring proper venous circulation in the area. Skinologie uses multiple agents for sclerotherapy currently available and can individualize the treatment to give the patient the most effective result with the least discomfort. Multiple sclerotherapy treatments are often required to achieve a patient's desired response.
Be patient with your body. Spider veins take an average of 3-5 treatments spaced at least 4 weeks apart. The number of treatments may vary depending on your situation.
- The veins will look worse before they look better. Discoloration may take a few weeks to several months to fade depending on your body’s ability to reabsorb the iron in treated vessels
- Bruising, redness, local swelling and some tenderness are normal after treatment. These symptoms may take 3-5 weeks or longer to fade; but if you have any questions please feel free to contact the office.
- If there is tenderness in treated areas, you may take either take Motrin or Aleve (according to package recommended dosage) to help with any discomfort. If the pain persists call the office.
- Keep the compression hose on constantly for 48 hours. After the 48 hours you may remove the compression stockings and dressings, and shower.
- Wear support hose continuously for 2 weeks after your treatment, except when showering and at bedtime.
- The use of public swimming pools, tanning beds and hot tubs are not permitted for 2 weeks.
- You may resume normal activities today.
- You may resume exercising in 3 days (no weights with legs for 2 weeks).
- Schedule your next follow up visit in 4-6 weeks.
1201 N Lakeline Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 512.379.7272 firstname.lastname@example.org Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 7 pm