- Brush your teeth prior to your appointment.
- For optimal results, consider a professional teeth cleaning in the weeks leading up to your teeth whitening appointment. While not required, this will produce better whitening results.
- If you have sensitive teeth or gums, consider brushing your teeth with Sensodyne toothpaste for a week prior to the treatment.
- If you have any dental or gum disease, including cavities, please consult a dentist prior to any whitening procedure.
Call now to book: 512-379-7272
Your lifestyle and the aging process can stain and darken your teeth. Many things we do on a regular basis can contribute to stained teeth, such as drinking coffee, tea, cola and red wine or smoking. Skinologie employs the same technology used in top cosmetic dentist offices to remove these discolorations and make your smile look its best. This safe and effective treatment works on virtually anyone and has quickly become the most popular cosmetic procedure in the country, providing immediate and lasting results.
As you relax in our cosmetic chair, a translucent whitening gel is applied to your teeth and the revolutionary, patented iBrite whitening light is positioned over your teeth to activate the gel. As you watch TV, listen to music or nap, your teeth will lighten and your natural whiteness will be restored in less than one hour through a completely safe process of oxidation. The procedure will not damage enamel or existing fillings. The primary ingredient in our whitening gel is hydrogen peroxide, which has been safely used in teeth whitening for more than 100 years and is recognized as the most effective whitening ingredient by the dental community.
Teeth whitening is not a permanent procedure. Results can last for one or more years, depending upon your personal habits. In most cases, the whitening procedure is very effective and the patient is pleased with the results.
Yellowed and stained teeth
laser teeth whitening
- Although uncommon, some people can experience some tooth sensitivity during the first 24 - 48 hours after the whitening treatment. People with existing sensitivity, recently cracked
teeth, microcracks, open cavities, leaking fillings, or other dental conditions that cause sensitivity may find that these conditions increase or prolong tooth sensitivity after the treatment. If you experience tooth
sensitivity after the treatment, you can use SensodyneTM toothpaste to ease the discomfort. Brush your teeth with this toothpaste until tooth sensitivity goes away.
- After the treatment, it is natural for teeth color to regress somewhat over time. This is normal and should be very gradual, but it can be accelerated by exposing the teeth to various staining agents, such as coffee, tea, tobacco, red wine, colas, citrus drinks and fruits, etc. Do not eat or drink anything except water for the first hour after the treatment because the gel opens the pores of the enamel and makes the teeth very vulnerable to staining agents. After the first hour, don't eat or drink anything that would stain a white T-shirt for 24 hours. Also, be aware that drinks and food are not the only things that can stain our teeth when
the pores are open; lipstick, for example, can stain too. Do NOT apply lipstick soon after whitening your teeth.
- Some people are allergic to peroxide but are not aware of it. If you had the treatment done and a few hours or a day later you have a blister on your lips, you are probably having an allergic reaction to the gel. Buy liquid vitamin E in any drugstore and apply it to the blister until it goes away. It generally goes away within a couple of days by itself anyway.
Content copyright Skinologie Medical Spa 2016
1201 N Lakeline Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 512.379.7272 firstname.lastname@example.org Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 7 pm
laser teeth whitening in Cedar Park, teeth whitening procedures